- Temcard 20 Tablet: Each film coated tablet contains Telmisartan USP 20 mg.
- Temcard 40 Tablet: Each film coated tablet contains Telmisartan USP 40 mg.
- Temcard 80 Tablet: Each film coated tablet contains Telmisartan USP 80 mg.
Temcard is indicated for the treatment of hypertension, to lower blood pressure. Lowering blood pressure reduces the risk of fatal and nonfatal cardiovascular events, primarily strokes and myocardial infarctions.
Temcard is also indicated for Cardiovascular (CV) risk reduction in patients unable to take ACE inhibitors
For hypertension: The usual starting dose of Temcard tablet is 40 mg once a day. Dose can be increased to 40 mg to 80 mg once daily if
necessary. Blood pressure response is dose-related over the range of 20 to 80 mg. For cardiovascular risk reduction: The usual starting dose of Temcard is 80 mg once a day. No initial dosage adjustment is necessary for elderly patients or patients with renal impairment, including
those on hemodialysis. Patients on dialysis may develop orthostatic hypotension; their blood pressure should be closely monitored.
Temcard tablet may be administered with other antihypertensive agents. Temcard tablet may be administered with or without food.
Adverse Reactions: The most common side effects of Telmisartan tablet include: upper respiratory tract
infection, back pain, sinusitis, diarrhea, pharyngitis etc.
Telmisartan is contraindicated in patients with known hypersensitivity to Telmisartan or any component of this
Fetal toxicity: Use of Telmisartan increases fetal and neonatal morbidity and death. Hypotension: Symptomatic hypotension may occur after initiation of Telmisartan in patients treated with high dose of diuretics. Hyperkalemia: Hyperkalemia may occur in patients on ARBs, particularly in patients with advanced renal impairment, heart failure, on renal replacement therapy or on other drugs that increase potassium levels. Impaired hepatic function: As majority of Telmisartan is eliminated by biliary excretion, patients with biliary obstructive disorder or hepatic insufficiency can be expected to have reduced clearance. Initiate Telmisartan at low dose and titrates slowly in these patients. Impaired renal function: As Telmisartan inhibits renin-angiotensin-aldosterone system, changes in renal function in susceptible patients can be anticipated.
Aliskerin: Avoid use of aliskerin with Telmisartan in patients with renal impairment (GFR<60 Ml/min). Digoxin: When Telmisartan is
co-administered with digoxin, increase in digoxin plasma concentration is observed.
Lithium: Increase in serum lithium concentration is observed when lithium is co-administered with
NSAIDs: Antihypertensive effect of Telmisartan may be attenuated with NSAIDs.
- Pregnancy: When pregnancy is detected, discontinue Telmisartan as soon as possible.
- Lactation: It is not known whether Telmisartan is excreted in human milk.
- Pediatric use: Safety and effectiveness of Telmisartan in pediatric patients have not been
- Geriatric use: No overall differences in effectiveness and safety were observed in
these patients compared to younger patients.
- Hepatic impairment: Monitor carefully and up
titrate slowly in patients with biliary obstructive disorders or hepatic insufficiency.
- Renal impairment: No initial dosage adjustment is necessary for elderly patients or patients with renal impairment, including those on emodialysis.
- Temcard 20 Tablet: Each box contains 30 tablets in Alu-Alu blister pack.
- Temcard 40 Tablet: Each box contains 30 tablets in Alu-Alu blister pack.
- Temcard 80 Tablet: Each box contains 30 tablets in Alu-Alu blister pack.
Aristopharma Ltd. is one of the top 10 pharmaceutical companies in Bangladesh. The company started its journey in 1986 with the honest promise to provide quality medicines at affordable prices to the countrymen.
© 2023. Aristopharma Ltd. All rights reserved.